Thursday, February 16, 2012


I went to book club last night and we are reading and studying "Discover the Power Within You" by Eric Butterworth. This was the book that Maya Angelou said changed her whole perspective. Since I love Maya, I don't know her personally- but wouldn't THAT be cool "Oh Maya, wanna come over for coffee tomorrow?" - I decided to check it out. This book definitely makes you re-think just about everything you thought you knew. So check it out if you want. I recommend it. (Totally random -non Real Estate related thought there, just in case you were wondering.)

Now back to Real Estate in Redding:
In the last two days there were 29 new listings and 13 pendings.  Only 932 active residential though. The new listings include land and commercial property so even though it sounds like we have a lot of new listings, for residential - that's not the case. Bummer for buyers, we just got outbid. AWESOME for sellers.

I spoke with someone the other day about whether or not Granite counters add value to your kitchen and bath when its time to re-sell. I think that most buyers are looking for great kitchens. Nice shiny new appliances, pretty counter tops and cool cabinets really make the difference. Remember the kitchen is the number one reason most buyers decide to buy a particular home and a home that is updated with an older kitchen is a real turn off. So, get rid of the yellow and hunter green tile and grimy cabinets and put some value into your home before you list.

Alright, can someone please give me some feedback here? Are you liking the Blog? Do you want to hear more about me or more about Redding or more about real estate? Feedback Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment