Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Featured Home of the Day                   

I woke up feeling the dark scepter of depression coming on today. There was no reason for this. It just happens. Then I decided NOT to go back to bed but to get up and actually go to work. That was quite a feat too because my bed is comfy, snuggly and warm. Then, something happened that made me feel so much better. (I'm not gonna tell you what but it was just something small.) Its really joyful to get to have that feeling turn around. I look outside and the sun is shining and although its kind of a windy day - its beautiful out. I remember what I'm going to work to do and I feel so grateful that I have a job that I really love and enjoy.

I'd like to talk to all you prospective buyers and sellers out there. There is this attitude of some sellers that if they price their home higher than the market value, buyers will come in and "low-ball" them - Say, for instance you, as the seller, want to get 200K for your home. Your Realtor says "sure that's a good price - we can get that" but you, the seller, think if you price it at 200K your going to get offers of 150K - (which you might but probably wont). So you, the seller, price it at 250K anticipating this, against the advise of your agent....The house goes on the market....nothing happens....you wait....you wait... you get angry at your agent for not showing it to enough people, for not marketing it well enough. You get angry with your agent when they suggest lowering the price. You end up firing your agent and hiring another agent who tells you the house is worth 200K. You list it for 200K and guess what...MULTIPLE OFFERS! Because a house that is priced right, right now, sells! When I work with buyers, we are trying to find the best value for a home that they like and that fits their needs. When we find the right house at the right price its gold. If the price is too high, buyers walk away. No offers... a buyer might pay a little more to get the home they really want but they don't want to be ripped off or stuck in a bidding war. Price your home according to market value.

Okay - enough of lecturing...We have 26 new listings and 13 pending as of right now in Shasta County. 292 of those are in Redding and 82 of those are between 150K and only 40 of those are priced between 150-200K.


No comments:

Post a Comment