Friday, January 11, 2013

Rome is Calling

Today's Featured Listing



   

This home is a quality, custom, detailed Les Melberg designed traditional home on approx. 3.5 acres with Mt. Lassen views - within walking distance to Grant School. 4 bedrooms & office that could be a 5th bedroom. Main floor master with 2 walk in closets, spacious master bath. Upstairs bedrooms have jack-and-jill bath.(Don't you just love those?) Charming Kitchen w/granite. Beautiful manicured grounds, sparkling pool. - I just love how charming this house looks and feels. It feels like a "real" family home.

Well, it's 3 days from now I will be leaving on my trip - this really is going to be "The trip of a lifetime" for me. I mean, I'm not one of those people who has never been outside my hometown or never been on a plane, or never visited a foreign country before. I have travelled quite a bit for someone my age I feel. But...This is different. See, I grew up Catholic and whatever I think or feel about religion now, the home of the Vatican and Catholicism is stirring up some very buried feelings. I'm also the daughter of a pretty famous artist and I grew up with very real art appreciation - especially renaissance art. Leonardo, Michelangelo, Bellini, Rafael, Botticelli - These guys are like The Avengers to me.  Totally cool superheros! To see their art in person - not out of a book- that's going to rank right up there with the time I saw Joe Montana at the Mall! 

On the Real Estate side of my life - everybody wants me NOW! Auughh! It's my fault - I put it out there. I said "Let's go shopping" and "Now is the time to buy" and all that. And there really is never a good time to go on vacation, but I know you guys - you love me. Right? You'll wait for me to come back, right??? Right?...No? Okay well then, I have a very trusted associate who is going to help my clients for me while I am gone then. Because, let's get real here - Real Estate waits for no one!

It's getting leaner out there - only 613 Active,Residential listings in Shasta MLS today. And it is January but Jeeze! Where did they all go????  248 of those are in Redding. I kinda really like the house featured today. Get it before it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment